Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Maybe My last week in Matoshinhos!

FELIZ ANIVERSARIO WADE AND KALLIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wow! Time has flown by! I remember the wedding! Look at how fast time just goes! 
Alight first off, transfers won’t be till Wednesday. I think president likes having transfers in the middle of the week. So I will find out what happens tomorrow night. I will let you all know what happens next week :) It’ll be exciting!!! :) I would love to stay in Matosinhos for my whole mission if I could. Love these people. I started crying when we were talking to some of the members. I don’t know how you can get better than the members here in Matosinhos. 
This week was interesting...So Sister Elliott had really bad back pain. She couldn’t walk, she couldn’t sit up, and she could barely roll out of bed. On Tuesday we went to the hospital and got it looked out. She said she only felt pain on her left side. You can imagine how I was feeling. I had some serious flashbacks to senior year. I got super scared when she was saying her symptoms and I felt like I was reliving my pain. She had it x-rayed and it came back normal so that was a HUGE relief. She was put on some muscle relaxants and a light dose of painkiller. Let’s just say she was super tired and her body was feeling pretty lax! I was so proud of her though!! She got up everyday and we could go out and work for a few hours. She needed to rest a few times during the day, which of course we did. I knew exactly the kind of pain she was probably experiencing. 
This week we met with one of the recent convert/less active members and he was sooo cool!!!! He’s 16 and he’s been working 2 jobs, soccer, school, driving school, and something else that I don’t remember. Such a miracle that we could meet with him! He loves the gospel he just can’t make it to church with his job schedule. It’s the first time I’ve met him since I’ve been here and that’s been a long time! 
This week we spent a whole afternoon with Carla making and cutting out hearts. She wanted to go heart attack a family in our ward! SHE IS THE CUTEST!!! I love her so much!!!!!! We made so many cute hearts and flowers and clouds and went and heart attacked this family that she loves. She turned to both Sister Elliott and I and said that she doesn’t want us to get transferred. A lot of the members asked us to ask president if we could stay in the area. I was so happy and sad at the same time. I love these people so much!!! These members are the best! Nazaré and Carla both said that they were going to send a letter to president to have me stay. I was very honored that they said that about me. Man, I LOVE THIS WARD!!! Carla made us a lot of cute notes and sayings for us to always remember her. We made her some too. It was adorable!!
On Saturday I’m pretty sure I received the best rejection I’ve had so far! In the moment it was horrible but after wards we couldn’t help but laugh! So we’ve been trying to see this lady named Tina that we met like 3 months ago, we would pass by and call but nothing. So we passed by one more time and ended up meeting her on the street. She told us she didn’t have the courage to tell us that she wasn’t interested and didn’t really want to talk to us but that we could still be friends, while she was denying us this other guy came storming by and totally started yelling at us. He’d said he’d go to church but didn’t but that we could see him on Monday. We didn’t respond so when he saw us talking to Tina he flipped. He got super close to my face and started poking us. And then Tina tried to calm him down and they got in a little fight and then he stormed off and Tina said goodbye. Wow was it dramatic! 
WE FOUND WALDA!!! We’ve been trying to get a hold of Beatriz and we finally found her!!!! We can finally start talking and teacher her now!!! STOKED!!!!! 
And yesterday...I got told that I was going to be playing the piano 5 minutes before sacrament meeting...Without any practice. I was shaking so hard!!!! But it turned out surprisingly good! I am I so grateful for piano!!! In the Portuguese himnos they were 66, 115, 153, and 74. WOW. Love my talents :) 
I love you all so much!! I can’t believe its already September!! Seems like it should be May. I love this work. I can’t wait to see what this next transfer has in store!!! I know the Lord knows me and what I am capable of. He knows me perfectly and He knows my struggles. I love Him so much and couldn’t be more honored to be His missionary. I love the work; the people and I love my companion. To me, my mission has been a success. The experiences that I’ve had are just incredible and I wish I could record everyday and do everyday over again, even in the rain. I love it so much!!!
I love you all!!
Sister Hillam


No comments:

Post a Comment