Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Miracles after Miracles! Oh and Happy 6 Months on the Mission!

Qurida Familia!!

Wow. What a week!! Sorry, I really don’t have much time to write because we had a conference with President Fluckiger today to say goodbye. Of course I cried like a baby and all I could think about were grandma and grandpa ending the mission in Portugal. I’m so blessed to have grandparents like that because I know the missionary I want to be or my mission president. But anyway! Glad you all are okay! I pray for you all so much!!! 
Where to start...Well we met with a man named Ildo and taught the plan of salvation in English because he doesn’t understand Portuguese very well and gave him the Book of Mormon in English. He told us he would read and that our lesson totally made sense and loves us a ton! His girlfriend and him want us to come by more often. They need to get married but they have a desire to be together forever! I have pictures and if I have time, I’ll try and send some! This week we also had a girl ask for a blessing. She had a stroke a few years ago so she can’t really converse with us but she understands everything we say. She actually told us she wants to go to church and get baptized!!!! Such a miracle! But when we called her sister, she told us that she couldn’t go to church even though we had a ride for her. It was so annoying. We got inside the apartment building, which in and of itself is a miracle!!! Then we sat at her door for 5 minutes waiting. talk about annoying. But she has a huge desire to get baptized!!

Also, I celebrated 6 months on the mission...Also...one year, exactly from today I will be home. WHAT THE?!? Yeah... Thank you District Leader for telling me. I don’t know where the time went!!

Then on Thursday we had this lesson with a girl named Carla, Flauvio, and our member Pedro. They are friends of Pedro and I don’t know if I’ve already told you about them. But we ended up splitting ~the lesson and Sister Elliott taught Flauvio and I taught Carla. We didn’t mean to but Carla didn’t want to talk to anyone else but me. After the lesson I asked her if she wanted to be baptized and she said yes!!!! And what’s more is that SHE WANTS TO BE A MISSIONARY!!!!! She’s already talked to her mom about serving and how she’s going to pay for it!! Literally she told us she was living the law of chastity, she doesn’t smoke of anything, she wants to do the work for her dad in the temple, and she wants to be a member! She’s getting baptized on Saturday! I couldn´t believe it. She’s amazing. Miracles are happening everyday!!!!

And then on Sunday one of investigators Elisabete started crying about her dad and said she felt so good at church and that she felt him close. This week is a huge testimony that the church is true and no one can stop the work! This work rocks. I can’t believe I was chosen to serve, and see these miracles. I can’t believe the Lord is using me and letting me see these miracles and help these people. Truly this whole week was Him. I merely was just there and he did the rest. I love this work so much.  I love you all so much. Thank you for your support and love. I couldn’t have asked for a better family!!

Sister Hillam


No comments:

Post a Comment