Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Singing in the Rain

Dearest Familia,

WOW. What a week! Matosinhos is beautiful!!! I’m in love with it already!!! We live right close to everything we need. Literally all grocery stores are within 5 minutes of our house. It’s fantastic! The city is absolutely beautiful. Our house is tiny but we don’t live in it other than to sleep, obviously. But this city has quickly become very dear to me! The ward is amazing and Sunday was mother’s day here and everyone in the ward loves the sisters! Also, I speak only Portuguese with Sister Andrade, and I can tell you this is exactly what I needed because I’m picking up the language much faster than before and conjugating is now becoming super easy for me. SUCH A MIRACLE!! 
MOM- I WILL SKYPE NEXT WEEK!!!!!!!

This past week it rained everyday and I loved every minute of it!!! Man the city is so beautiful when it rains. It reminded me of one of the apostle’s talk about the umbrella and the rain. Sometimes we have to remove the umbrella and let the blessings rain down on us. I always think about this when we’re walking in the rain. I have a different perspective of rain now. Man I love rain so much!!! Anyway, this week I met a ton of people that I don’t remember so forgive me for not giving specific names (We have 5 elisabete´s, so I don’t remember who is who). On Tuesday we went to a recent convert, Elisabete´s, house and I have no idea her situation or anything but I shared this scripture John 16:33 and she started to cry. The spirit helps us so much to know the lives of others. I love living so close to the spirit. 

On Thursday we had to have weekly planning which was awesome to see how much growth is happening in Matosinhos! I’m so excited to serve here! Fun fact: Sister Andrade will have 6 months in this area after this transfer so it’s pretty sure that she will leave and I will take over the area again.

Anyway, all of our appointments fell through so we were walking down the street when Sister Andrade stopped and opened a door to a few houses. Another Elisabete lived there and we taught the first lesson and marked her and her son Andre for baptism! So elect! She’s been hard to see since but she’s been talking to us everyday so she has a desire to get baptized!!! Such a great lesson with her!

On Friday we had our Zone Meeting and I’m in the Porto North zone! Literally I went from the very south to the very north of the mission!! Our zone is stellar! The missionaries here are so amazing! Our district has 2 of the 3 greenies that entered the field ha-ha I hear them speak and I’m so glad I’m not in their shoes...But something that I loved that was said at Zone meeting was the Fé is F-Fazer and É is Esperança (translation faith is- do (fazer) and hope (Esperança)) We focused on prayer and the importance of prayer. Our Zone leader is really spiritual and I’m so grateful for this zone and area. I feel this is exactly where I need to be. After our long zone meeting, we saw this family Elisandra and Ildo. They are so elect!! They want to know more about our message. Everyone here is just so awesome!! We plan to see them this week and mark them for baptism this month. 

Yesterday after church we had to quickly leave and catch a metro to Amial to have interviews with president. I love president so much!! I asked for a blessing and he gave me a blessing and it’s exactly what I needed. I want you all to know that I love this work. I do have really high goals for myself and I want to do so much for this work. I’m giving my all everyday. I love the people and this country so much! I can’t believe how fast this time flies by!! Already 4 and a half months on the mission, and I already feel like a completely different person. Thank you so much for your examples in my life!! Love you so much!!!!
Sister Hillam

My new address is:
Rua Brito Capelo 
490 2* Frente
Matosinhos, Porto 4450-067
Portugal

 yes that´s a cruise boat in Matosihnos!!!

Such a good pastry!

Burger King! Sadly, no Wendy's.

Cat tamer! Literally this cat was attracted to me!

Happy Mother's Day Sister Flukiger!

Sister Andrade and I

District in Matosihnos
Elder Christ- little less than a year
Elder Humprey- greenie
Me
Elder Neighbor- District Leader- 10 months
Sister Andrade- little less than a year
Elder Cox- Greenie

No comments:

Post a Comment