Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Transferred

Dearest Family,
You’ll never believe where I am!!!!! 
Guess.................


MATOSINHOS!!!!!!! I’m in PORTO!!!!!! I’m so stoked!!! I don’t have much time to write and tell you all about the week but it was awesome!! We started out the week great just chilled and worked really hard with our 3 marks for baptisms. It was actually a really crazy week. As the week progressed we had a lot of things to do but by the end we only had 1 of the 3 get baptized. Nuno was baptized!!!! It was so awesome!! Literally this whole transfer was building up to his baptism! He’s such a cool guy!! Sadly the other 2 kiñd of had freak-outs and one didn’t show up to his baptism and the other one went back to his same old doubts... But anyway I got a call from Sister Fluckiger this past week asking me to deliver a letter to a member in our branch so obviously I thought I was staying in Olhao. So all week I was super happy and enjoying the idea of staying but OH NO was I wrong...Elder Rich got a call on Sunday right after church saying that he was leaving at 6 30 that night. He left and then we went to a dinner appointment with Nuno and that’s when the phone call came. Sister Bryner is training in the blessed city of Olhao and I was told I was going to be leaving and going to Matosinhos! I had no idea where that was until Sister Bryner said Porto!! So I packed my bags and spent 9 hours traveling and now I’m sitting in Porto writing before we head to Matosinhos! I’m so excited! I’m really sad to leave all of the investigators and members in Olhao but I’m looking forward to this new adventure. Oh and also...my companion is native.... she’s from Cape Verde...Yay!!! This will be really interesting and super fun!!!! Family, the work continues and I’m so excited for this new adventure, I couldn’t have asked for better. I’m serving in Porto and serving with a Native. The Lord knows me so perfectly and knows the desires of my heart. Sister Andrad will help my Portuguese so much and I feel at peace with this next transfer. Will there be difficulties, yes, but will I be able to handle it, OF COURSE! I love you all so much. Thank you for writing me. I can’t even begin to tell you how excited I am to be here!! Porto...wow. Its beautiful and there are so many people!! I can’t wait to get started this week!

Love you all!
Sister Hillam
Chocolate Thing We Made

Nuno!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment