Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Happy July 4th

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!!!!1: D :D I can remember exactly what I was doing 1 year ago; I was in Matosinhos with Sister Elliott! It was pretty fun! :)Here goes another one of my precious weeks that I have left and how great it was!!! We’re moving houses finally this week!!!! YAY!!!!! We’ll be moving on Tuesday and Wednesday, which is such a blessing! I’m starting to go crazy in our house and it is starting to smell: P It’s got character haha Anyway, on terça we spent pretty much the whole day with our best friend Beatriz :) She is actually marked for baptism for the 23rd of July! She is so excited! She even drew a picture of Christ giving the Priesthood to Peter. yeah. She’s incredible and she’s doing her personal progress!! Stellar! So terça she came to an activity and played just dance with a couple of women from the ward an then she stayed for Ward council and then we went back to her house and that’s when we decided on a date for baptism! Just to tell you more about how great she is, she memorized the 5 points of the Gospel of Jesus Christ (faith, repentance, baptism, holy ghost, and endure to the end), and she turned around and started teaching her step dad about the priesthood, AND she wants to leave and teach with us and she’s not even a member!! She’s incredible! So all of terça we spent with Bea :)
On quarta we saw our family of 10 that we are teaching :) We finally met the dad and the oldest daughter! Vitor and Deolinda are the parents and the 8 kids are: Liliane, Bruno, Diogo, Mónica, Margarida, Catarina, Marco, e Pedro. They are the most incredible family. Love them. While we were waiting for Mónica and Firmino to go out with us we decided to go visit their neighbors and it went really well. The lesson with Vitor and Deoling went great and the only person that really has doubts is the mom. All the kids understood and accepted to read! We made them all personalized books of Mormons, and the oldest even asked how she would know when she got her answer! Such a good family. Love them! 
The weather was a little hotter than I liked but we still met a lot of people! It was a good week to find and meet new investigators. We ended up spending a lot of the time getting the utilities on our new house done and planning for the next week. i couldn’t believe that the 3rd week of this transfer is starting. How crazy is that! CRAZY! 
The best experience that happened this week actually happened on Sunday. We got to church with Bea and run into this man and his daughter. This man had been baptized a week ago on the 25th in the Caribbean and came back for a few weeks. So we got to talking and got their address and went to their house Sunday night. We taught the first lesson to his daughter and marked her for baptism as well! We gave her 2 dates to pick from and she chose the earlier date! She wants to be baptized before her dad goes back to the Caribbean! The best part is that at church Bea and Ana were best friends! They sat by each other the whole time and Bea even said they were friends already. :) It was the cutest!!
The work is going great! We are working super hard and loving every minute of it! It is the best. I love Sister Hillam! The Lord is just pouring out his blessings on us. I recently read a talk by Elder Bednar about the enabling powers of the atonement and it just hit me so hard how much the Lord has blessed me during my mission. There was no way in human eyes that I could have served a mission with how much pain I was feeling and at times feel. But the talk by Elder Bednar talked about the faith in the atonement and how it goes beyond just the sins, but pains and the weaknesses. How blessed I am by the atonement. I love my Savior so much. I love being a missionary and serving His children. There is no other work that is better than helping others enter the door to go home. I’m so excited for this extra time I have to serve, and the blessings that He’s giving us. I love you all so much! Have a great week!

Sister Hillam 

No comments:

Post a Comment