Monday, March 30, 2015

#14 New Week!

What a week!!! I’m definitely glad I have this day to relax and take a break. We’ve been working like crazy and finding and doing so many great things. Leading the area was a lot on my head but it’s also been a great experience for me!
 Last Monday I received my new companion at 6:00 p.m.!! Her name is Sister Bryner!! She came from the Azores and wow is she amazing!!!! Literally she’s exactly what these people in Olhao need! She’s from St. George Utah and has 2 younger sisters. She’s super cute and works really hard. She has 9 months on the mission and helps me a ton! Before she arrived I hung out with Elder and Sister Crossman. We went and played volleyball on the pier with the Elders and it was so good to touch a ball again! That night we went to McDonald’s (classic haha) because we didn’t have time to cook before we had to work. Also, Elder Rich got a new companion and he also locked the keys in their apartment...we had to help them as well! haha it was a great day! New companion, lost keys, and McDonalds, all in one day!

Tuesday we had our district meeting and half of us got new companions! Elder Brown is our district leader and it just happened to be St. Patrick’s Day! I had no idea...time like doesn’t exist here for me... anyway today we needed to have lessons with a member present and we called so many members and nothing. I was praying so hard for help. We were looking at our planners when I felt this tug on my coat. I turned and the Elder’s recent convert Guida was there! The Lord knew I needed help and sent her to us. We taught a few lessons with her and that night we went to our investigators house. It was amazing!!! His name is Jose Carlos (we have a recent convert jose carlos too) and while we were there we marked his girlfriend to be baptized with him. We also made a calendar for them to follow to stop smoking and everything they needed to do before baptism! We also told him he needed to get married to her and then we planned their engagement for the next day!!! He wants to be baptized so badly!

Wednesday every single one of our appointments feel through till 7:30. It was annoying but we prayed to find someone who would let us teach and the Lord blessed us with Luis! He asked us to stop by...HE ASKED US!!! We didn’t need to ask! It was amazing!! Then right after that we got a call from Jose Carlos that he needed to meet earlier so we ran to the chapel to get the engagement all ready to go for 7:30 instead of 8. He was so nervous, it was so cute!! She was all red in the face. 

Thursday we went to the chapel to teach this guy the piano and teach the Plan of Salvation but he didn’t show up so we taught Guida how to play the piano and while we were doing that our Brazilian friend, Roberto, came! I had totally forgot about him! He was so elect and I couldn’t believe I forgot him. We had a short lesson with him and marked to see him the next day. This day we contacted so many elect people. The members were so willing to help us this day. ~

Friday we found this guy named Paulo. His dad is about ready to die and the missionaries have already taught him. He told us he’s now ready for a change in his life and he wants us to come and teach him. Sadly he lives in the Elder’s area. We just needed to be in the right place and at the right time. We met with Roberto again and it was incredible! We had the Crossman´s with us and I thought for sure he was going to be baptized and tell us when. It was incredible. 

Saturday we taught Roberto again and it was not too great. We had 2 of our recent converts and it didn’t go the right way. We’re working and getting him to warm back up to the church and such. He’ll need some work but we know he’s ready even if he doesn’t yet. He’s been searching for happiness and understanding. He’s so elect.

Sunday we were exhausted! It was a litter strange not having Sister Brundage with me! But Sister Bryner got along with the members so great!! I love her so death!!! There is always something funny that happens everyday! We marked someone for baptism and we are going to see him today! He’s really elect! I’d met him one time before and that lesson he heard was the law of chastity, so I’m really surprised that he wants to know more! Right after him we went to Luis´s house and come to find out they are apart of this huge family of less active members! Familia Gloria is a crazy story. Fatima Glory was a stalwart member of the church and all of her kids are baptized. The spouses and kids are not though. We’re working on them to get baptized and this was my first encounter with Luis and Paula! They are so elect. She is the sweetest lady and just thanked us for being missionaries and leaving our families. I love them so much. 

This work is a work of miracles. I love it. It’s so tiring but I love the people so much. I love my family. Literally I miss you all so much. Today I woke up thinking about all of you and your lives. I wish I could share in your lives everyday. I know you guys are doing great. I see these families here and long for them to feel how I feel about mine for eternity. I miss you guys so much. I love you all with my whole heart. I look back on the years and there are things I wish I would have said or done differently to show how much you all mean to me. I love my Savior with my whole heart. This life is a miracle. He has done so much for us and we will never be able to repay him. I love this work so much!!!! Check out the new video for easter! #BecauseHeLives 

Sister Hillam

No comments:

Post a Comment