Friday, January 15, 2016

I'm Singing in the RAIN in Porto!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY IVY!!!! Man she’s old and I have no idea who she is! It’s really weird! Congrats Eric and Noelle with the new baby girl!!! Claire, super cute!
As you all know now, I got transferred!! Monday night I got a call that I would need to pack my bags and leave at 4 in the morning. The plane left on Tuesday at 7. That was the only thing I knew. I didn’t know who my companion would be or where I was serving! The rest was all a surprise till I got to the mission office. 
Elder Da Veiga, Sister Da Luz and I were the only ones to leave and they didn’t have any plans for us when we got to the office. I was exhausted! We had only gotten about 2 hours of sleep. But we got there and I was informed that I would be OPENING AN AREA AGAIN!! I’m in GAIA reopening this area! It was closed 1 transfer ago and now they put sisters back here! But I got to the office and received our new phone (no numbers, nothing) and then I sat there for hours because they didn’t know where to put me. My companion is from Fortaleza Brazil!!! She’s been waiting for her visa for 6 months! She had her visa about 3 months ago but it was stolen out of the mission office. She was suppose to be in the first group of missionaries when President Amorim came. But she ended up serving in the Brazil Interlogos mission for 6 months and she got here on Monday! She’s already trained and been STL. So at first we thought that she would be STL with me here in Gaia but nope. Just a normal missionary! So I met her for a few minutes and then she went back to the mission home. No one had a place for me to stay so I ended up staying with the senior couple over night, which was a huge blessing because I was exhausted. Literally hit the bed and I was out!!
On Wednesday she went to the training with all the new missionaries and all the trainers were invited so I ended up going there. She was the number one baptizing missionary in her mission! Pretty much everyone was looking at her. Already famous! So we went through training and everything and it took all day. We also were then informed that our house didn’t have electricity so we couldn’t stay in our house that night. So we stayed at the mission home! 
Thursday we had our district meeting and Elder Platts is my district leader! He entered the MTC with me! I’ve served in 2 of his areas! After that we went with the Elders and met a family that is so elect!! Decio and his family of 4! Met him and talk for a little! Super awesome! And then we went and ate francisinhas, which was a very missed meal on the Madeira!! After that we worked a little bit in our area and come to find out our phone wasn’t working and that our house wouldn’t have electricity till Friday morning. It was all a mess so we ended up staying at the mission home for one more night which was super nice because all it does here is rain. All day, everyday! 
Friday was so messy and gross! We had to get a taxi to take all of our bags to our house that was just nuts. It was pouring rain and I didn’t know exactly where it was. We had 6 bags and 2 binders of our Area book and everything got soaking wet. We had to walk a little bit in the pouring rain to our house. And then we get to our house as the electric guys are leaving and the light didn’t work still! And our phone wouldn’t be working until today. So we were in a mess but we ended up getting the lights working and everything! It was good to have a house and unpack a little! Also the sisters before us left broccoli in the fridge that had thawed and left an awful smell. But we got that all cleaned up and the house is now in a somewhat working condition! IT`S HUGE!!! We have 3 rooms with 2 bathrooms and a kitchen! It’s a very nice house! 
We worked really hard and contacted a lot of people. We met lots of members and invited a ton of people. This week was a week of just survival till you can get your feet under you. I’m so thankful for the trials we had this week and the growth that I’ve seen already. I love the mission. This transfer will be awesome. I can’t wait to see where it goes. We meet so many elect people everyday and the members are a huge help. Love this work and everyday I want to be more like my Savior. I love Him and am so thankful for the opportunity that I have to be a missionary today. Today is the day to DO. Today is the day to BECOME. Let Him in. 
I love you all so much!!! 

Sister Hillam

No comments:

Post a Comment